Dusting is one of those tasks that require a lot of attention. There are many different sources of dust, and it comes in various forms. As a result of this, it is important to maintain your dusting schedule. Dusting is an essential task that your employees need to do in all the office building. However, visible dust provides unattractive workspace which can make people abandon the work environment. Clean office buildings offer a pleasant and positive impression to all building occupants and visitors. A clean working environment also promotes good work habits, reduce absenteeism and promote neatness.
Here are reasons why you need to dust your office in the right way:
- You can start dusting high surfaces and work downward. Dusting can be done from one side of the room and move counterclockwise or clockwise direction.
- Clean movable objects like paperweights, pictures and phones, dust under the objects and place them back to their original position.
- Dust off smudges and spots on desks, windows and walls, etc. with a moist green microfiber duster as you move around the office premises. Don’t forget to wash the duster when it becomes dirty using only water.
- When dusting flat TV screens or computer monitors in the conference room, you can use a dry microfiber duster and clean lightly. Don’t use tissue paper, paper towels, or window cleaner because they can damage or scratch the screen.
- Make sure you dust across the top when cleaning window blinds. After, close the blinds and dust the entire surface. You can close one side of the curtains and dust the exposed surface area.
- Lastly, you can use a vacuum to get rid of dust and clean unexposed surface including upholstered furniture.
Dust Your Office for a Better Environment
If your office environment is unclean and dusty, it can lead to an outbreak of flu and other diseases among your employees. This is another significant reason to dust your office. Your employees may contaminate a sore throat, itchy eyes, sneezing and runny nose from airborne dust. When your employees fall sick due to the dusty office environment, they will have to take time off work to recover. If they are suffering from other allergies because of a dirty office environment, they will feel irritated and tired throughout the office hours.
Maintaining a clean office environment will make your employees stay healthy. Employees that are happy and stay healthy perform better work and more productive.
City Wide Jani are a commercial cleaning company based in Chicago. We have over time proven ourselves to be the most efficient and most professional operation in the city. We are licensed, bonded and insured, as well as being accredited by the City of Chicago as a (MBE) Minority Business Enterprise and (WBE) Women Business Enterprise. City Wide also has a consistently maintained A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau of Illinois. City Wide is an owner-operated business that emphasizes that highest levels of quality control. Our senior management take an active role in the day to day operations of the company, including site visits to crews and are always available to clients.
We manage a diverse range of facilities across the city and take immense pride in maintaining them to the highest standards. As a company and a service, we always exceed our customer’s expectations and our business has been built on our reputation for unbeatable customer satisfaction. Our combined decades of experience, in both management and in our outstanding cleaning crews, means we can provide the perfect, cost effective solution for your business.